|About the Book||Content|
Drawing is the language of Engineers and Architects. Building Planning and Drawing is the
foundation subject for Civil Engineering students. In this Edition each topic of the textbook
has been arranged in such a way that reader is empowered with an in-depth knowledge in the
subject of Building Planning and Drawing.
Following Three chapters fulfil the needs of various Technological Universities in our country.
(1) Climate and Its Influence on Building Planning
(2) Perspective Drawings
(3) Computer Aided Building Drawing.
In Chapter 19, “Guideline for Planning and Drawing on Residential Building” and a new topic on
“Fixing the Position of various Building Components and Justification” are included in this book.
* 275 Short Questions with Answers.
* 123 Multiple Choice Questions
* 89 Questions.
The book now in its 26 Chapters and Appendix contains:
* 254 Neatly drawn self-explanatory diagrams
* 50 Plates of important components and different plans of buildings
* 48 Useful Tables
* 326 University Type questions are given for preparation of examinations.
It is the fervent hope of the authors that this book will satisfy the needs of the Civil Engineering
students preparing for the B.Tech/B.E. examinations of almost all the Indian Universities,
Diploma examinations conducted by various Boards of Technical Education, Certificate courses
as well as for the A.M.I.E., U.P.S.C., G.A.T.E. and other similar competitive and professional
Examinations. It should also be of an immense help to the practising Civil Engineers
1 : INTRODUCTION TO BUILDING DRAWING